Registration and health consultation in SH

Advice centres

At a glance

  • In Schleswig-Holstein, registration and health consultation happen at one place and with one authority: at Neumünster’s Landesamt für soziale Dienste (State Social Services Office) on Wasbeker Straße 136.

  • If you are unsure about how to get to this authority, ask us at cara*SH and we will take you there and back, free of charge.

  • Registration and a health consultation at the authorities (LAsD) are free.

  • Begin by making an appointment by dialling 04321 913 880. They will tell you which documents you have to bring to the appointment.

  • If you need an interpreter, tell them straight away on the telephone. It will not cost you anything.

  • The appointment will begin with some health advice. But you will not be examined.

  • After that, you will be registered. You will be given information and advice at the same time. You are allowed to ask someone from cara*SH to accompany you at any time during that conversation if you want.

  • You will receive certificates showing that you have undergone registration and health consultation. You can ask the authorities to issue additional certificates bearing an invented alias name. Ask about it. It doesn’t cost anything extra.

  • In Schleswig-Holstein you can take your certificates away with you straight away.

  • Because you’re liable to taxation, your details will be sent on to the finance authorities when you register.

What do I have to bring along to register?

  • You have to bring two photographs and your ID card or passport.

  • If you come from a country which is not a member of the EU, then you will have to show some kind of work permit. Whatever the case, take your residence permit (plastic card) with you.

  • The authorities will also need a registered address for you, or an address where they can reach you. This is called your delivery address. It may be an address belonging to someone you trust or an aid organisation. Whatever the case, post sent there has to be able to reach you. That’s why the authorities will require written confirmation from the person who provides your postal address saying that they will accept post for you.

I don’t speak very good German. What should I do?

  • Tell them straight away on the telephone if you need an interpreter. You will then be given an appointment at which an interpreter will be present. It will not cost you anything. It is important for you to understand everything.

What else do I have to get ready for registration?

  • Before registering, have a think about whether you want to work only in Schleswig-Holstein or in other Federal states as well. You can have any Federal states entered in your registration certificate.

Do I need a separate appointment for my health consultation?

  • No. In Schleswig-Holstein, you need only one appointment for your first registration.

What happens at my registration and health consultation?

  • During registration and health consultation, you will be given a lot of information in your own language or in a language which you understand. Ask the person who works at the authority if you don’t understand anything.

  • During the health consultation, you will be told about various health issues. For example, you will be provided with information about sexually transmitted diseases, hygiene, pregnancy, contraception and alcohol/drug consumption. There will not be an examination.

  • During registration, there will be an information and advisory talk. You will be told about laws on prostitution, your duty to have health insurance, your duty to pay tax, about advice centres and emergency phone numbers that you can use.

    You can also ask questions and bring up subjects that are important to you. During this conversation, you can ask that someone from cara*SH is there with you.

  • At the end you will be given your registration certificate and a certificate about your health consultation.

Do I have to pay anything for registration and health consultation?

  • No. Registration and a health consultation are free in Schleswig-Holstein. This may not be the case in other Federal states.

Do I have to give my correct name during registration and health consultation?

  • Yes. You have to give the authorities your correct name. That name will also be stored. You will in every event be given a registration certificate and a health certificate containing your correct name.

  • BUT: you can also ask for additional alias-certificates. If you do, you will get extra certificates showing not your real name but an invented one (alias-name).

  • If you want alias-certificates, then you will have four certificates by the end of it.

  • When you go to work, it is sufficient for you to have your alias-certificates with you. They are as valid as certificates carrying your true name, should you be checked.

I don’t only want to work in Neumünster, but in the whole of Schleswig-Holstein. Can I?

  • Yes. Your registration applies throughout Schleswig-Holstein.

I want to leave Schleswig-Holstein and work in another Federal state. Does my registration apply throughout Germany?

Will the authorities give me a receipt showing that I have registered?

  • Yes. You will receive a registration certificate and a health consultation certificate after your appointment. These may include your alias-certificates. You have to keep them both with you when you work.

  • You will be able to take away all your certificates at the end of the meeting.

What does my registration certificate or alias-certificate have on it?

  • Passport photo

  • First name and surname or only alias-name

  • Date of birth

  • Place of birth (not on your alias certificate)

  • Citizenship

  • Federal states or places where you want to work

  • Period of validity

  • Issuing authority

What does my health consultation certificate have on it?

  • First name and surname or only alias-name

  • Date of birth

  • Issuing authority

  • Date of consultation

Who is allowed to check my registration certificate?

  • The only people who are allowed to ask for your registration certificate are operators of institutions, relevant employees of the authorities, and the police.

  • Always ask people to show their service passes as a precaution. That is because some people may try to cheat you by taking money for false checks.

  • You don’t have to show your certificate to clients, colleagues or places like job centres.

How often do I have to repeat my health consultation and registration?

  • You have to have a health consultation more often than you have to register.

  • If you’re between 18 and 21 years old, then you have to repeat your health consultation every six months and extend your registration after 12 months. But only if you keep working.

  • If you’re over 21 years old, then you have to repeat your consultation every 12 months and extend your registration every two years. But only if you keep working.

Under what circumstances might the registration authorities not issue me with a certificate?

  • If you are not yet 18 years old.

  • If you are being forced into prostitution.

  • If you are pregnant and your due date is within six weeks.

  • If you are younger than 21 years old and if somebody has encouraged you to take up prostitution. Or if somebody encourages you to continue in prostitution.

  • If somebody exploits your predicament or the fact that you are helpless as a foreigner in order to lead you into prostitution or prey upon you.

What happens after my registration and with my details?

  • Because you are liable to taxation, the finance authority responsible for you will be told about your registration. You should then automatically receive a tax identification number if you don’t yet have one.

  • Apart from that, the authorities are obliged by law to keep your details secret.

What happens if I don’t register?

  • If you don’t register, then you will not be working legally. If you’re checked and are not registered, you may face a fine of up to €1,000. There may also be problems if you’re not registered with the finance authorities and do not pay tax.

  • In a worst-case scenario, you will no longer be able to work as a sex worker.

What if I change my surname or citizenship?

  • If your details change, then the law says that you have to inform the authorities within 14 days. To do that you will need to make a new appointment with the authorities because the details on your certificates will need to be changed.

How do I know which Federal state to register in?

  • Register in the Federal state or place where you will mainly be working.

  • Schleswig-Holstein accepts registration and health consultation certificates from all other Federal states.

  • So, if when you register in another Federal state you also specify Schleswig-Holstein, then this will apply without limit to all of Schleswig-Holstein. You do not have to register again there.

I work as a tantric masseur or masseuse. Do I have to register?

  • Yes. The ProstSchG encompasses not only sexual and oral intercourse, but all sexual activities. This includes erotic massage and touching the intimate areas.

I work as a sexual assistant. Do I have to register?

  • Yes. Even if you don’t engage in sexual intercourse but only in erotic contact, these activities are viewed as sexual activities under ProstSchG.


Advice near you

Town, post code
Aktuellen Standort verwenden

!Via Beratung und Treff für Mädchen und Frauen

Langebrückstr. 8
24340 Eckernförde

!Via Beratung und Treff für Mädchen und Frauen

Königstr. 20
24768 Rendsburg

"eva" im Gesundheitshaus Flensburg

Norderstraße 58-60
24939 Flensburg

"eva" in der Aidsberatungsstelle Flensburg

Südergraben 59
24937 Flensburg

Aids-Hilfe Neumünster e.V.

Kieler Straße 51
24534 Neumünster

AIDS-Hilfe Nordfriesland

Postfach 2641
24916 Flensburg

Aids-Hilfe Westküste e.V.

Süderstraße 19
25746 Heide

Aids-Hilfe Westküste e.V.

Adolff-Brütt-Str. 21
25815 Husum

Aidshilfe Kiel

Königsweg 19
24114 Kiel

AWO / pro familia

Goebenplatz 4
24534 Neumünster

Beratungsstelle für Erziehung-, Familien- und Lebensfragen Beratungsstelle zum §218 StGB

Mühlenstraße 34
24392 Süderbrarup

Beratungsstelle für Erziehungs-, Familien- und Lebensfragen Schwangeren- und Schwangerschaftskonfliktberatung zum §§218/ 219 StGB Diakonisches Werk des Kirchenkreises Schleswig-Flensburg

Norderdomstraße 6
24837 Schleswig

Beratungsstelle in Erziehungs- und Lebensfragen Diakonisches Werk des Kirchenkreises Plön- Segeberg GmbH

Friedrich-Speck-Straße 10a
24321 Lütjenburg

Beratungsstelle in Erziehungs- und Lebensfragen Diakonisches Werk des Kirchenkreises Plön- Segeberg GmbH

Am alten Amtsgericht 5
24211 Preetz

Beratungszentrum Südstormarn

Scholtzstraße 13b
21465 Reinbek

Beratungszentrum Südstormarn -Außenstelle Barsbüttel-

Soltausredder 20
22885 Barsbüttel

Beratungszentrum Südstormarn -Außenstelle Glinde/ Oststeinbek-

Möllner Landstraße 53
21509 Glinde

Beratungszentrum Südstormarn -Außenstelle Trittau-

Hamburger Straße 17c
22946 Trittau

cara*SH Fachberatungsstelle für Prostituierte in Schleswig-Holstein

Christianstr. 6
24534 Neumünster

Deutsche Aids Hilfe

Diakonisches Werk Flensburg Schwangeren- und Schwangerschaftskonfliktberatung

Johanniskirchhof 19
24937 Flensburg

Diakonisches Werk Herzogtum Lauenburg Beratungsstelle für Schwangere und Schwangerschaftskonflikt, Bundesstiftung Mutter und Kind, Soziale Beratung, Paar- und Lebensberatung, Migrationssozialberatung

Am Markt 7
23909 Ratzeburg

Diakonisches Werk Husum gGmbh Psychologisches Beratungszentrum

Theodor-Storm-Straße 7
25813 Husum

Diakonisches Werk Rantzau- Münsterdorf gGmbH Schwangeren- und Schwangerschaftskonfliktberatung

Alter Markt 16
25335 Elmshorn

Diakonisches Werk Südtondern gGmbH

Westerlandstr. 3
25899 Niebüll

Donum Vitae

Norderstr. 31
24938 Flensburg

Donum Vitae

Königsweg 9
24103 Kiel

Donum Vitae

Große Burgstraße 51 (AWO)
23552 Lübeck

Donum Vitae

Am alten Kirchhof 8
24534 Neumünster

Donum Vitae

Bahnhofstraße 2B
25421 Pinneberg

Donum Vitae

Waldstraße 12
22926 Ahrensburg

Fachbereich Soziales und Gesundheit, Gesundheitsdienste

Norderstraße 58-60
24939 Flensburg

Frauen helfen Frauen e.V.

Alter Kirchhof 16
25709 Marne

Frauen helfen Frauen e.V. Außenstelle

Von-Humboldt-Platz 9, Bürgerbüro Zimmer 1
25541 Brunsbüttel

Frauen helfen Frauen e.V. Außenstelle

Postelweg 4
25746 Heide

Frauen Helfen Frauen Stormarn e.V.

Bahnhofstraße 12
23843 Bad Oldesloe

Frauenberatung und Notruf Ostholstein e.V

Lienaustraße 14
23730 Neustadt i.H.

Frauenberatungsstelle und Eß-o-Eß

Kurt-Schumacher-Platz 5
24109 Kiel

Frauentreff Elmshorn Frauen helfen Frauen in Not e.V.

Kirchenstraße 7
25335 Elmshorn

Frauenzentrum Schleswig

Capitolplatz 4
24837 Schleswig

Gesundheitsamt Heide

Esmarchstraße 50
25746 Heide

Gesundheitsamt Kreis Rendsburg-Eckernförde

Kaiserstraße 8
24768 Rendsburg

Gesundheitsamt Lübeck

Sophienstraße 2-8
23560 Lübeck

Gesundheitsamt Neumünster

Meßtorffweg 8
24534 Neumünster

Integrierte Beratungsstelle des Diakonischen Werkes Herzogtum Lauenburg

Ernst-Barlach-Platz 9
24193 Schwarzenbek

Integrierte Beratungsstelle des Diakonischen Werkes Herzogtum Lauenburg

Hohler Weg 2
21481 Lauenburg/ Elbe

Kreis Dithmarschen Beratungsstelle "Kompass" im Ärztehaus im Westküstenklinikum Heide

Esmarchstraße 50
25746 Heide

Kreis Herzogtum Lauenburg Fachbereich Jugend, Familie, Schulen und Soziales

Barlachstraße 2
23909 Ratzeburg

Kreis Herzogtum Lauenburg Fachbereich Jugend, Familie, Schulen und Soziales Fachdienst Soziale Dienste

Meierstraße 3
21493 Schwarzenbek

Kreis Herzogtum Lauenburg Fachbereich Jugend, Familie, Schulen und Soziales Fachdienst Soziale Dienste

Elbstraße 145
21481 Lauenburg/ Elbe

Kreis Herzogtum Lauenburg Fachbereich Jugend, Familie, Schulen und Soziales Fachdienst Soziale Dienste

Otto-Brügmannstraße 8
21502 Geesthacht

Kreis Herzogtum Lauenburg Fachdienst Gesundheit

Barlachstraße 4
23909 Ratzeburg

Kreis Nordfriesland – Gesundheitsamt

Damm 8
25813 Husum

Kreis Ostholstein Fachbereich Soziale Dienste Schwangerschaftkonfliktberatung

Lübecker Straße 41
23701 Eutin

Kreis Ostholstein Fachdienst Gesundheit

Holstenstraße 52
23701 Eutin

Kreis Pinneberg Fachdienst Gesundheit

Kurt-Wagener-Straße 11
25337 Elmshorn

Kreis Plön Amt für Gesundheit

Hamburger Straße 17/18
24306 Plön

Kreis Schleswig- Flensburg Fachdienst Gesundheit

Moltkestraße 22-26
24837 Schleswig

Kreis Segeberg Fachdienst Gesundheit

Hamburger Straße 30
23795 Bad Segeberg

Kreis Steinburg Gesundheitsamt

Viktoriastraße 17a
25524 Itzehoe

Kreis Stormarn Fachdienst Gesundheit

Mommsenstrasse 13
23843 Bad Oldesloe

Landeshauptstadt Kiel Amt für Gesundheit Beratungsstelle sexuelle Gesundheit

Fleethörn 18-24
24103 Kiel

Lübecker Aids-Hilfe e.V.

Kreuzweg 2
23558 Lübeck

Medibüro Lübeck Vermittlung medizinischer Hilfe für Geflüchtete, Migrantinnen und Migranten ohne Zugang zur Gesundheitsversorgung

Große Burgstraße 51
23552 Lübeck

Praxis ohne Grenzen- Flensburg

Norderstraße 58-60 (Gesundheitshaus)
24939 Flensburg

Praxis ohne Grenzen- Husum

Markt 10-12 (Einhornpassage)
25813 Husum

Praxis ohne Grenzen- Ostholstein e.V.

Marienburgstraße 5
23617 Stockelsdorf

Praxis ohne Grenzen- Preetz

Am alten Amtsgericht 5
24211 Preetz

Praxis ohne Grenzen- Region Neustadt i.H. e.V.

Schaarweg 70 (OSE_Heilhaus)
23730 Neustadt-Rettin

Praxis ohne Grenzen- Rendsburg

Moltkestraße 1
24768 Rendsburg

Praxis ohne Grenzen- Segeberg e.V.

Kirchplatz 2
23795 Bad Segeberg

pro familia

Marienstraße 29-31
24937 Flensburg

pro familia

Bergstraße 5
24103 Kiel

pro familia

Dr. Julius-Leber-Straße 9
23522 Lübeck

pro familia

Schlossgang 8
25813 Husum

pro familia

Schillerstraße 14a
23795 Bad Segeberg

pro familia

Lindenstraße 5
24619 Bornhöved

pro familia

Feldschmiede 36 – 38
25524 Itzehoe

pro familia (im Frauentreffpunkt)

24568 Kaltenkirchen

pro familia Haus Kielort

Kielortring 51
22850 Norderstedt

Sozial-Forum e.V. Beratungshaus am ZOB

Prinzenstraße 42a
24376 Kappeln

Sozialdienst katholischer Frauen Elmshorn e.V. Beratungsstelle für Frauen, Familien und Schwangere in Elmshorn

Feldstraße 24a
25335 Elmshorn

Sozialdienst katholischer Frauen Kiel e.V. Beratungsstelle für Frauen, Familien und Schwangere Flensburg

Dr.-Todsen-Straße 4
24937 Flensburg

Sozialdienst katholischer Frauen Kiel e.V. Beratungsstelle für Frauen, Familien und Schwangere Kiel

Muhliusstraße 67
24103 Kiel

Sozialdienst katholischer Frauen Kiel e.V. Beratungsstelle für Frauen, Familien und Schwangere Neumünster

Linienstraße 1
24534 Neumünster

Unabhängige Patientenberatung Deutschland (UPD)