Corona – what next?
You need help?
You can reach us from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
What is the Coronavirus and how is it transmitted?
- “COVID-19“ is an infectious disease. It is caused by a new type of virus. Since the virus is still unknown, there is no vaccine against it yet.
- The virus attacks the respiratory system. You can get cough and fever.
- The disease is transmitted particularly by “droplet formation“, i.e. when coughing or sneezing. The virus also persists on surfaces. If you touch them and then touch your eyes, mouth or nose, you can get infected.
- You can find more information in your language here
What can I do to protect myself and others?
Follow these hygiene tips:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Sneeze and always cough into a tissue or in the crook of your arm (the bend of your elbow).
- Keep your hands away from your face. Do not touch your mouth, eyes or nose with your hand.
- Keep at least 1.5 meters away from other people, especially if they have a cough, cold or fever.
- Wear a nose-and-mouth protective mask when shopping or on buses or trains.
- When greeting and saying goodbye, refrain from touching people, such as shaking hands, kissing or hugging.
- Refrain from providing personal sex services to customers.
I can’t work anymore and have no more money. What can I do?
- As a self-employed person you have the possibility to apply for money from the job center. This is called an application for basic financial protection from the state of Germany. Feel free to talk to us about it.
- Even if you are not entitled to state aid, there are other possibilities of funding.
- It is also possible to work in a completely different job.
- Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
What can cara*SH do for me now?
- We would be happy to help you to fill in the applications, also in your language.
- We can support you if you don't know where to sleep or where to get something to eat.
- We can discuss with you what else you can do.
I have already submitted an application for basic financial protection, but the application was rejected. What can I do?
- You can call us and send us your application. Our lawyer can look at them and see if the rejection is legally.
- We can also help you seek assistance in other ways.
I have cabin fever. What can I do?
- The measures can be hard to bear sometimes. You are restricted in your everyday life and there are many things you are not allowed to do.
- Try to do something good for yourself. For example, you can go for walks. Getting out and moving around is still allowed!
- If you have the opportunity, use your mobile phone to keep in touch with people who are good for you.
- Give us a call. We can work with you to find out what can help you to get through this time.
Where can I find information about the Coronavirus?
- Current and reliable information about the Coronavirus can be found on these web sites:
- Informations about Corona and sex work can be found on the web site from BesD:
- Sex and Corona:
- All the other information distributed through WhatsApp, for example, need not be accurate. There are a lot of false messages and fake news being spread on social media!